If you are concerned about the fine lines and wrinkles around your eyes and forehead, you should visit a clinic that specializes in Botox. Cosmetic Botox is a non-invasive treatment that helps in treating lines and wrinkles that are formed over the years due to contraction of certain muscles of the face. Here are seven quick facts about getting Botox.
- Botox injections work by paralyzing the muscles that are responsible facial lines and wrinkles. The treatment is done in less than 20 minutes, and there is no downtime involved. You can get back to your regular job immediately after.
- Botox is known to be a preventive treatment for wrinkles. The benefits of the injection last for about three to four months, after which the procedure must be repeated. This trains the targeted muscles to relax, and thereby, the appearance of wrinkles reduces with time. The results may vary from one person to others.
- Purified neurotoxin complex Botox is botulinum toxin type A. It is derived from “bacterium clostridium botulinum” under controlled conditions in labs.
- Botox is not effective against wrinkles that are caused by sun damage. It is also more effective for the upper parts of the face, such as the forehead and around the eyes. You will see a difference almost immediately after getting the injection.
- Experts believe that this is one of the most effective and safest cosmetic treatments ever, but that doesn’t take away the fact related to side effects. Botox injections can cause minimal pain and discomfort at the injection side. Very rarely, people do have flu like symptoms.
- If you are considering Botox, it is important to have realistic expectations from the procedure. Do your research for selecting the right clinic and talk to the experts and doctors in detail. Ask them about the things you can expect after the procedure and whether they can show a few ‘before and after’ pictures.
- The only downside of Botox is the fact that it is not a permanent treatment for wrinkles. Yes, it will reduce the wrinkles and fine lines with time, but you may need a few injections for that. Depending on the clinic you choose, this is not the cheapest treatment either.
Regardless of what critics say, Botox is an extremely effective and useful treatment for facial lines. Check online right away to find the best clinic near you.